For one of our partners, we are currently looking for a Cyber Security Engineer to join their Information Security Team in Sofia, Bulgaria.
Our partner is an award-winning company on a global and local level, with 20+ years of experience, specialised in online payment solutions: it enables businesses and consumers to connect and transact seamlessly through industry-leading capabilities in payment processing, digital wallet, card issuing and online cash solutions.
As a Cyber Security Engineer, you will be supporting the wider Cyber Defence Management team in the delivery of Cyber Security monitoring, response, digital forensics tooling (e.g. Qualys, Splunk, O365, etc.) , threat hunting, intelligence and vulnerability management services.
You will be responsible for assessing, recommending, implementing and maintaining tooling, processes and workflows that enable these services to consistently function in optimal state.
On a day to day basis you will interact with Security Operations Centre, Cyber Intelligence, Threat Hunt and Forensics staff to design, test, implement, maintain, review and administer the infrastructure hardware, software and application configuration to manage the cyber defence tooling.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a rapidly developing Cyber Defence team and to get hands on experience with multiple cyber security frameworks and tools, as well as the data, applications, infrastructure and networks.
We are looking for candidates who can work in a global team environment (NA, EU, India), and have some prior experience of working in a web-based application services environment or demonstrate capacity to learn these skills quickly.
What to expect:
- Engage in cyber engineering activities at both the infrastructure, application and configuration layers with various Cyber Defence Management to provision and maintain Cyber Security Tooling that is used for the prevention, detection and response to Cyber events.
- Provide input, help prepare and update a risk prioritised roadmap of cyber defence improvements at operational and tactical levels, developing and maintaining plans for those improvements at the direction of the Cyber Defence team leads.
- Plan and assist in the build out of tooling, both open source and commercial, that allows for the conduct of threat hunting, cyber defence assurance testing, malware reverse engineering, assisting directly in malware and vulnerability research.
- Conduct and be responsible for wide ranging Network Security Management activities such that network traffic and activity is adequately and appropriately visualised to identify and remediate threats.
- Understand emerging threats and assist in providing risk reduction strategies
- Clearly communicate findings in written gap analysis, planning and reporting documentation
- Respond to tasking and direction as provided by his/her manager.
- Support the information security team in its ability to adopt innovative solutions and technology towards delivering a data secure environment both internally and externally
- Support the development of Security Operations Center orchestration to reduce incident detection to response times.
To be successful you need to have:
- At least 3+ years of relevant software delivery/network/system automation experience.
- At least 3+ years of experience with the deployment and maintenance of Cyber Security tooling both commercial and open source.
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field with relevant practical experience.
- Strong team player, self-directed work habits, exhibiting initiative, drive, creativity, maturity, self-assurance and professionalism.
- Good understanding of Windows, Linux and MacOS
- Working knowledge with public cloud like AWS, Azure etc. would be good to have
- Ability to script code and organize data so it can be used for security analysis purposes
- Broad security engineering experience and/ or knowledge of security tooling/ approaches to network, operating system, application, public Cloud, containers security.
- Knowledge and/ or experience with one or more of the following technologies: Intrusion Prevention, Web Application Firewall, Vulnerability Management, Red Teaming, Application Security, Cloud Security, Containers Security, Linux, Windows Desktop, Windows Server administration, Routing and Switching, DDoS protection etc.
- Experience working with F5, FireEye, Cisco, Palo Alto, Splunk, ELK, MS portfolio etc. and other similar technologies
- Strong research background, utilizing an analytical approach
- Knowledge of IDS/IPS, SIEM, Endpoint Security, CASB, DLP and other security tools.
- Security certification would be considered an advantage (e.g. Security+, GCIA, GCIH, CISSP, CCSP etc.)
We offer in return:
- The opportunity to write the history of a leading and growing multinational company
- Tailor-made training and ongoing development to help you enhance your skills in the field of online payments
- Multiple career progression opportunities in a dynamic in-house business
- Environment where product expertise, professional and personal commitment are rewarded
- Competitive remuneration and social benefits package (25 days annual paid leave, health insurance, sports card, Work Life Coaching Program, team events, company discounts, variety of soft skills, business and technical training programs)
- Fun and collaborative working atmosphere
- One of the top 10 best designed offices in the world
Do you want to join one of the biggest software company in Bulgaria, recognized by K100?
Send your Cover Letter and CV in English.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Our partner provides equal employment opportunities to all employees, and applicants for employment, and prohibits discrimination of any type with regard to ethnicity, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other protected characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of recruitment and employment.
We will be happy to help and look forward to hearing from you.